St Catherine’s College will be taking a group of interested students to Mexico for 2 weeks in the Term 2 holidays in 2021 to learn from and carry out research alongside international scientists.
During the expedition students will be:
· Working alongside international researchers and scientists from universities such as Oxford
· Completing jungle skills training
· Surveying butterflies, bats, birds, mammals and herpetofauna in the Selva Maya jungle
· Visiting Calakmul, one of the two largest ancient Mayan ruined cities
· Qualifying with their PADI Scuba diving certification and diving in the Alkumal marine reserve
Students need to be in Year 11, 12 or 13 in 2021 and will be expected to pay for their place in this expedition at an estimated cost of $6500.
If you are interested in your daughter joining our expedition, please attend the Parent Information evening on 12th March, 6pm in Studio 1 at St Catherine’s College. Feel free to contact the trip organiser, Rebecca Rāpira-Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like further information.