SCC PTA Newsletter - 19th May 2021
PTA Update and ‘Save the Dates’
The PTA is thrilled to welcome Katrina Kerr-Bell to St Catherine’s College; we are looking forward to working together with Katrina to benefit all the students at SCC.
We are currently planning a number of fundraising activities and would love the help of all members of the SCC whānau. Save the dates now!
Fr Chris Skinner Concert Sunday 27th June 7pm
Fr Chris Skinner is a priest of the Society of Mary. He has been writing songs and playing the guitar since the age of 16. His music is greatly influenced by his faith, his love of scripture, his sense of God in the beauty of creation and his Marist spirituality.
Fr Skinner will be performing at St Joseph’s Church, Mt Victoria on Sunday 27 June at 7pm Tickets $20, all proceeds will go to the Kura (college).
Tickets will be on sale soon, watch out for further information.
Hāngī Fundraisers Friday 2 July and Friday 17 September
Two hāngī fundraisers are planned for 2021. The dates for these are:
· Friday 2 July to celebrate Matariki. The profit from this hāngī will go to the Poly club and Kapa Haka students to help cover the costs of their performances this year.
· Friday 17 September to celebrate Te Wiki o te Reo Māori. The profits from this hāngī will go to the Kura to benefit all students.
Gala Auction Friday 6 August 7pm
We are very excited to be organising a gala auction, which will be held on Friday 6 August in the college hall.
We would like to offer all college whānau the opportunity to consider what you could contribute to the auction…
· Do you own a business which could donate items or services to be auctioned?
· Do you own a holiday home? Would you be willing to donate some nights to be auctioned?
· Do you have any contacts in business or know any artists that you could approach to donate to the auction?
· Would you like to help with the organisation of the auction?
We would love to hear from you.
Please contact Cecilia Ross 027 616 1724 / email@example.com
Cecilia Ross and Lucy Wooles
Co-chairs SCC PTA