Year 9 Marae Trip Thursday 18 November

 Good morning. I am contacting you this morning to let you know that we have had 3 parents withdraw their permission for their daughters to attend the trip to Hongoeka Marae tomorrow for reasons concerning the recent earthquake. Hongoeka Marae is at Karehana Bay in Plimmerton, a 30 minute drive north of Wellington

At present the trip is going ahead and many of you have already given your permission for your daughter to attend. If you are having second thoughts and feel that your daughter should not go with us or have not yet responded to the letter asking for permission, please let us know immediately by replying to this letter or by calling or texting me on 0220881731, including your daughters name in the text/email.

We can then make a decision re continuing with the trip or not.

Thank you

Yours faithfully,

Liz Hill
HOD Science
ehill@scc.school.nz


UPDATE TUESDAY 15 NOVEMBER

Update from the Structural Inspection – Monday 14/11 

Notification came through this morning Tuesday 15/11 

For St. Catherine’s Catholic College:

‘We have completed our inspections of the buildings at St. Catherine’s Catholic College.

We will advise more formally this week but at this stage we confirm that we did not observe anything in our inspections that indicate that the buildings have suffered damage or excessive movement.

We have no objection for continued use of the buildings.’

Based on this advise St Catherine’s College will be open for NCEA exams

Year 9 & 10 classes from Wednesday 16/11

Keep safe

Mary

 


TUESDAY 15 NOVEMBER

NCEA EXAMINATIONS

    As per MOE guidelines, examinations will resume Tuesday 15 November in single story buildings Students should attend their morning and afternoon examinations as timetabled for Tuesday 15 November.

Year 9 and 10 will not attend school until Wednesday 16 November unless advised before this date.


MONDAY 14 NOVEMBER 2016

UPDATE Engineers are on-site.  We have impressed upon them the need for some urgency given the NCEA exam situation. We will update you as soon as the official Report comes through.

Keep safe

Mrs Curran

SCHOOL CLOSED TODAY.

NO YEAR 10 RETREAT

NO NCEA EXAMS WE WILL ADVISE WHEN WE HAVE MORE INFORMATION

NZQA ADVISE SCHOLARSHIP EXAMS HAVE BEEN

POSTPONED

1.00 pm

UPDATE  Engineers are on-site.  We have impressed upon them the need for some urgency given the NCEA exam situation. We will update you as soon as the official Report comes through.